Countries 1st PLATINUM Rated School
– CYGNUS WORLD SCHOOL, Vadodra, Gujarat
Cygnus World School at Vadodara for Jan-Priya Trust, Delhi is our country’s 1st PLATINUM rated, green building, conceptualized by Ar. Prem Nath of Prem Nath & Associates, having more than 1.8 Lakh Sq ft of school complex spread over 7.5 acres of land; The school has been planned to cater to all modern requirements of education; Yet the overall aesthetics of the school structures shall project a ‘Contemporary’ architectural feel – giving it a elegant campus look.
- The exterior façade of the building has been given a permanent finish with brick tile cladding with polymer base, and flooring in paver tiles.
- Good lighting has been used in the exterior and interior areas of the building keeping in mind the ambience and décor, not just good lighting but also good fixtures have been considered for better look & appearance.
- One of the major concerns is the sanitary ware i.e. urinals, WC, & washbasins etc.; have designed by us keeping the users in mind.
- All the furniture’s are very well designed, and those furniture’s are ergonomic and child centric,
3. GREEN PLANNING / FEATURES:
- Each school blocks are North-South oriented and multiple internal courtyards have been planned to enable building to breath from within;
- All Class Rooms & Library are spaciously planned in a manner, wherein each of it receives North Light thru the windows, while the South side is planned with deep Verandahs / corridors – which not only cut the glare, but also mitigating the heat effect of the Vadodara weather;
4. GREEN MATERIALS:
Ash Bricks for Masonry and Vermiculite
Plaster for Internal Plaster - adding value to heat insulation;
- Ceramic reflective Tiles cladding to external surface & Glazed tiles on terrace tops - adding value to heat insulation;
- Low VOC Paints & Sealants keeping the environment healthy;
- Natural Stones viz. pebbles, marble, granite, etc. for various landscape features;
- Large Landscaped spaces, incl. wide courtyards and central green zone between blocks – adding further value a large patch of Green/Lawns which is itself approx. 20% of total land area – adding to a lot of healthy inhibition of internal spaces;
- Rain Water Harvesting & Sewage Treatment Plants enabling use of more than 75% water for flushing and landscaping;
- Solar Panels of approx. 7.5% (60KW) of the total electricity consumption – enabling substantial power saving and backup;
5. ENERGY SAVING TECHNIQUES:
- Water Saving Faucets and sensor controlled urinals too have enables a lot of water saving;
- Water by virtue of STP & Rain Water Harvesting, topped with water saving features enables a daily saving of 75% to 80%;